wolverine

My last day in FMM and feeling really good. Pretty productive morning so I treated myself to a ripper. about 300 tunes going in the phone now, legs great, shoulders great. Wanting to explore the old FMM single track. Up Thickwood past Ross Henenger Park, up the chip trail hammering hard. See the entrance to wolverine so I dive in and remeber how cool this trail is. Again, a short track but so fun. Ride front to back, dialing almost all of it, pushing hard gears today. I seem to be getting stronger, feel it anyway, so I end up cooking around Wolveline front to back, then back to front. Shoot out on the chip trail and hook up with more single track revealing some great views of the river valley and some dead burnt out trees. Blast back out to the path and still feeling great an hour in, so I decide to hit up Lil Fisheries and tell myself to go as hard as I can the whole loop. A quick shot from the bottle and a few slices of fruit and I am off, floored from stroke 1!! aggressive tunes help me as I gear up and up, wailing on my eggbeaters, bouncing all over the roots, flowing and hopping and berming. Just an all around DH feel on flatland. Pushing myself like this gives me a huge grin and boosts my confidence as a rider and a human doing! It tells me that when I need to be pushed I can do it myself! I dont think i have ever looped Lil Fisheries that fast, not even as a young pup. Theres a lot to be said for bike handling skills. Stop and take some shots of the best chicane ever and enjoy some fruit. Thats enuff, back on the bike. ( a well planted xcross mount in fact) ripp back to the exit of the last single track I hit, gonna snap through all this yummy goodness as I am not sure when I will return! Get to an over hanging birch tree and side off like im about to jump a steeple, more xcross practice. Dismount feet blazing and I thud to a stop just as my head ducks the tree! It seems said birch tree had other ideas about my awesome ride and good spirits. Needless to say I was a lil bummed when i saw the result. Well, stop and think of a turnicate. I rip the tape thats holding my tube on my post and spin it like twine so its pinched top and bottom. I get myself a lil gathered, turn around and ride over to the Fire Hall with my hand hooked in my helmet to stop the bleeding. I must have looked pretty funny dripping blood riding with my hands on my head like I have a cramp!! lol. Stoked to see some guys outside the hall prepping for their shift. Even if they cant stitch, they can wrap enough to get me home, as I am nowhere near it!! The boys where awesome, and with my charm and wit i kept them amused at my own expense, which is kinda my m.o. All wrapped, no pain soI giver all the way home to eat something, change and get to the H for a long wait. 3 hr ride, 3hr wait. Seems fair right?? When the doc finaly arrived it took him about 4 minutes to stitch me up and I was on my way.....once the blood returned to my head!! I was a lil green after, no idea why cause none of it bothers me. Oh well, a couple mins horizontal and I was golden. An awesome and shity way to spend my last night in FMM. Till I am back it will have to do!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1st Annual Leechtown Invtational

dad

Rest Day