Practice Day


Well I can be honest when I say that I have never slept like that in my life. I think the first time I even rolled was at 730am. God damn it really felt great. Was debating about riding the course during practice time but to hell with it, when will I going to be on a World Cup course again. So I suited up and rolled out around 845am so I could get two laps in at least. You climb right up and out of the village and it is a really rad track. Lots of sweet techy wooded sections and some grunty climbs but nothing really sustained. My first lap was easy peasy recon mission then I tried a med/hard second lap and was surprisingly strong given all that’s been going on lately and not being on the bike much. I rode the whole lap minus one small section in my middle ring and I think I might be able to do it if I race Sunday. Got back in to the cottage and made some lunch, kicked back and waited for Mical to arrive from her pre ride. I think it’s a good course for her. The climbs aren’t hyper grueling and the tech sections are not long but you gotta stay on it or bad times will follow.

The market across the street is awesome. We strolled over to grab more goodies for supper, as well as some Landshark Lager for the Shimano boys and an apple pie for Steve Blick from Oakley who helped out Mical today. Take care of the people that take care of you. After another coffee I grabbed the goodies to deliver and headed up to leave Mical alone and to get some shots of the dh practice. All I can say is shit those guys are fast!! I climbed about ¾ the way up of a great venue. I am so happy that Mical brought me out here. Its good to try and get my head clear. I also got to check out the new Trek Superfly’s and man I want one. LOL. The bike is a little out of my league so maybe in another life. After that it was time to head home and veg with my girlie. Well I edited pics and she vegged. Its good to let her rest as its very important two weeks for here. She set lofty goals and I think they are realistic. I admire her drive and attitude towards racing

There is a block party outside, bands, crowds and to follow some fireworks. The town really eats this atmosphere up, well they create the atmosphere actually. It’s a rad little town with great riding. I highly recommend it to anyone. So goodnight all, I will recap you all Saturday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1st Annual Leechtown Invtational

dad

Rest Day